Monday, November 11, 2019

Webster Iron Works started a new project last year. As it turns out, the project has been operating at its accounting break-even

Which of the following values will be equal to zero when a firm is producing the accounting break-even level of output?

I. operating cash flow
II. internal rate of return
III. net income
IV. payback period 
 
A. 
I only

B. 
III only

C. 
II and III only

D. 
I and IV only

E. 
I, II, and III only
Refer to section 11.3


39.
An increase in which of the following will increase the accounting break-even quantity? Assume straight-line depreciation is used.

I. annual salary for the firm's president
II. contribution margin per unit
III. cost of equipment required by a project
IV. variable cost per unit 
 
A. 
I and III only

B. 
I and IV only

C. 
II and III only

D. 
I, III, and IV only

E. 
I, II, and IV only
Refer to section 11.3


40.
Webster Iron Works started a new project last year. As it turns out, the project has been operating at its accounting break-even level of output and is now expected to continue at that level over its lifetime. Given this, you know that the project: 
 
A. 
will never pay back.

B. 
has a zero net present value.

C. 
is operating at a higher level than if it were operating at its cash break-even level.

D. 
is operating at a higher level than if it were operating at its financial break-even level.

E. 
is lowering the total net income of the firm.
Refer to section 11.3

No comments:

Post a Comment