Monday, November 11, 2019

Which of the following statements related to market efficiency tend to be supported by current evidence?

Inside information has the least value when financial markets are: 
 
A. 
weak form efficient.

B. 
semiweak form efficient.

C. 
semistrong form efficient.

D. 
strong form efficient.

E. 
inefficient.
Refer to section 12.6


48.
According to theory, studying historical stock price movements to identify mispriced stocks: 
 
A. 
is effective as long as the market is only semistrong form efficient.

B. 
is effective provided the market is only weak form efficient.

C. 
is ineffective even when the market is only weak form efficient.

D. 
becomes ineffective as soon as the market gains semistrong form efficiency.

E. 
is ineffective only in strong form efficient markets.
Refer to section 12.6


49.
Which of the following statements related to market efficiency tend to be supported by current evidence?

I. Markets tend to respond quickly to new information.
II. It is difficult for investors to earn abnormal returns.
III. Short-run prices are difficult to predict accurately based on public information.
IV. Markets are most likely weak form efficient. 
 
A. 
I and III only

B. 
II and IV only

C. 
I and IV only

D. 
I, III, and IV only

E. 
I, II, and III only
Refer to section 12.6


50.
If you excel in analyzing the future outlook of firms, you would prefer the financial markets be ____ form efficient so that you can have an advantage in the marketplace. 
 
A. 
weak

B. 
semiweak

C. 
semistrong

D. 
strong

E. 
perfect
Refer to section 12.6

No comments:

Post a Comment